Thursday, September 20, 2012

Value Portraits

                                                                                                                                                        

1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
First I took some trace paper and put it on top of the picture I got. Then I put the paper on the window and traced the value of the picture by outlining the different shadows the face made. After i outlined the shadows i flipped the trace paper over and colored on the back. then i traced the picture i draw into my sketch book. Finally i looked at my picture and shaded the face to the color i saw on the picture.

2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
I found the different values by first putting trace paper on the picture. Then put the paper against the a window and since the paper was trace paper the light shined throw. After that I outlined the shadows (values) I saw on the face which made the outline of the face.

3.  Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait?  How?
I think I did achieve a full range of values in my drawing. I got the dark parts by looking at the hair which was the darkies part. I got the middle shades by real looking at my picture and deciding what values went beat with each section. 

4. Describe your craftsmanship.  Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
My craftsmanship I think was very good. I worked hard on the outline of the values and tyred to get all of the ones I saw. I think that the hair could be a little neater and could have more values.

5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.
The worst obstacle I overcame was the blended of the values. I dealt with it by starting out really light then slowly get darker. In the end I think my picture as a whole turned out very well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment