Monday, November 26, 2012

Stencil

 1. Explain how you changed your photo in the lab to create a stencil.
To try my photo into a stencil I opened photoshop. When photoshop was open I changed the threshold of the photo. Finely I made the photo into positive and negative space therefore making the photo easy to identify the positive and negative.

2. When creating the collage background explain your choices of colors, materials (magazine paper, books pages, etc), and placement. How does it relate to your topic? If no relation discuss general idea.
When I choose my collage colors I used red, white, and blue to go with the capital theme. The materials I used was an old book for the white, magazine for the red and a map for the blue to get different texture. It relates to my topic because the capital is very American and goes with Americas colors.

3. Discuss the way positive and negative space was used to create your stencil.
The positive and negative space was important because I used the xacto knife to cut out the negative space. Then when I used the spray paint be add the negative space again. The positive and negative space was also important to have good composition  

4. When using the xacto knife, explain the safety procedures, how to use the knife and any challenges you had to overcome while cutting.
When you use a xacto knife you have to cut the paper away form you or you will cut yourself. The knife was hard to use because it was hard to cut out circles and keep it straight. Also you had to keep the cap in the knife when you where not using it to keep form hurting other people.

5. How was your experience with the spray paint? Discuss how color choice is important, placement of stencil, and any other concepts you noticed while creating this. 
My experience with the spray paint was good, but sometimes it would not work well. The color choice is important because if the stencil blended into the background you couldn't see the photo so you need a good contrast. The placement was also important to see if the photo was going to go with your background.

No comments:

Post a Comment